親子瑜珈是一種融合嬰幼兒按摩且透過流暢的動作、姿勢、觸覺、聲音以及放鬆來達到運動效果的親子活動。 它可以引導父母與寶寶間發展出一種輕鬆愉悅的互動關係。這種以適合寶寶的程度所設計的瑜珈動作能讓父母與寶寶雙方藉由身心靈上的互動，培養出對彼此的信賴感。 親子瑜珈能幫助寶寶自然而然地在玩樂的輕鬆氣氛中享受肢體伸展的樂趣，也能讓寶寶學會養成樂觀與積極的生活態度。
Birthlight pioneered what is now known as ‘baby yoga’ as an inclusive set of practices to enhance playful interaction and communication between parent and baby and to promote their healthy development. Baby Yoga perfectly compliments baby massage and expands the benefits of touch with those of movement and relaxation.
From birth, babies respond positively to the stimulation of movement and touch together. Baby Yoga includes a wide range of different practices that can be combined to suit the needs of each baby or toddler through their individual development:
- Gentle body strokes
- Yoga moves adapted to babies (mini twists, mini stretches, upper and lower body movements, diagonal movements) These moves have been transmitted though generations in India for at least 2000 years
- A blend of postnatal yoga and baby yoga for new mothers
- Playful moves with rhymes
- Joint parent/baby relaxation (walking relaxation, instant relaxation, relaxation to sleep, feeding relaxation)
- Transitional practices (head control, sitting, crawling, standing, early steps, first jumps and balances)
Baby yoga offers quality physical stimulation that has become essential in an urban sedentary lifestyle. For every hour that babies spend strapped in cars seats or home seats, 5 minutes of Baby Yoga provide stretching as a start to a healthy lifestyle. Baby yoga can be practiced instantly anywhere at anytime and always generates a joyful interaction.
(Extracted from www.birthlight.com)